In our previous post, we broke down yellow warning light and what they mean, now we are going to break down the Red Warning Lights and what they mean.
Driver’s and front passenger’s seat belt reminder light
- It warns the driver and/or front passenger to fasten their seat belts.
- But all passengers are required to wear seat belts.
Door Ajar warning light
- It indicates that a door (including hood and trunk) is not closed.
- Do not drive with the warning light on.
- When lit while driving, immediately stop a car at a safe place,
- and check that all doors and the trunk are closed.
Brake system warning light
- It indicates that the parking brake is on,
- or problem with the braking system/brake fluid is low.
- Usually when the light turns off after the parking brake is fully released,
- the system is operating normally.
Low engine oil pressure warning light
- It indicates that the engine oil pressure is too low.
- If this light stays lit, immediately check oil level and pressure.
Battery/Charging system warning light
- It indicates a malfunction in vehicle’s charging system.
- This warning indicates the possibility of damage to the vehicle that may lead to an accident.
- Immediately stop the vehicle in a safe place.
Hybrid system fault warning light
- It indicates a malfunction in the hybrid system.
- As the name suggests, this is a warning light that is only available on hybrid vehicles.
- The whole hybrid vehicle is made like a precision instrument.
- If there is an abnormality somewhere, it may be judged as
- “unable to drive due to an abnormality”.
- Please stop a car immediately in a safe place as it could lead to a serious accident.
Immobilizer warning light
- It indicates that immobilizer system of the antitheft device is operating.
- When the engine switch is turned ON with the registered electronic key,
- the system is released and turns off.
- ※It is not abnormal when the warning lights turns on with the engine off.
Coolant Temp warning light
- It indicates engine temperature has exceeded normal limits.
- If you notice this light, stop the car immediately,
- as running hot for too long can lead to total engine failure.
Master warning light
- It indicates that the master warning system has detected a malfunction.
- It is accompanied by another warning light and indicates.
- that one or more warning systems have been detected.
- If the warning lights turn on.
- you may be worried that “Is it a malfunction?”
- But if you know the meaning of the warning lights on the car in advance,
- you will be able to respond to sudden lighting.
- In the event, it is important to check the symptoms.
View our other blogs at our website!